It is Budapest’s largest church, dedicated to St. Stephen, the first Christian king and founder of the Hungarian state. It is one of the major attractions of Hungary, also part of the list of the most photographed city attractions of the world. The building was designed by József Hild and Miklós Ybl, two renowned Hungarian architects, and was opened in 1905. It has been reconstructed several times since then. A panorama lookout part was established in its cupola that provides a fantastic view over its neighbourhood.
The country’s most important relic, St. Stephen’s right hand, is kept in one of the church’s chapels.