It was designed by the most famous Hungarian architect, Miklós Ybl between 1875 and 1882. The building complex connected the green gardens, the pedestrian street to the Royal Palace and the Castle walls. Unfortunately it was destroyed in the 2nd World War, then rebuilt and became the most popular cultural venue of the 1900’s holding concerts and exhibitions. In the 1980’s the whole area was closed due to its bad condition, its reconstruction started in 2013 and was finished in 2014.
In the beautifully reconstructed and reopened Castle Garden Bazaar there are exhibition spaces, art galleries, wonderful green gardens and an escalator to the Royal Palace. The whole street has been rebuilt and now it has a bigger green park and more space for pedestrians. This area has become a tourist center again.